Nendoroid Miho Azuki in Tanabata

I got my Nendoroid Miho a week ago, too bad I wasn’t able to get the rest of Bakuman characters. I regret not getting the two main protagonist.

So here ya go, I was inspired by Mr. Danny Choo’s post about Sendai Tanabata. Since I’ll be busy this coming weeks, I decided to take pictures of Nendoroid Miho in this theme this afternoon.

Ohana is also included in the picture, just because I like her too.

Hope you enjoy the pictures, I’m planning to take a second photoshoot of Miho in the studio doing her work soon.

Tanabata (七夕?, meaning “Evening of the seventh”) is a Japanese star festival, originating from the Chinese Qixi Festival.[1] It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar. The date of Tanabata varies by region of the country, but the first festivities begin on July 7 of the Gregorian calendar. The celebration is held at various days between July and August. (via Wikipedia)

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “Nendoroid Miho Azuki in Tanabata

1. Rei says:

Fantastic photos! I really like how the outfits suit the both of them so well, along with the settings which look really beautiful. I think Miho works great with an atmosphere as calming and relaxing as this, and Ohana is just plain adorable.

• sheng says:

Haha had a hard time balancing them though. Didn’t use their stands and used bobby pins instead because of the clothes. Thanks Rei for dropping by! ^_^

• sheng says:

Hey it’s you Nendokidoki! ^^ Welcome and thanks for checking our my site.
      It’s kinda hard to tie those tiny strings in Tanabata trees but it’s all worth it. 😀

2. 赤信号 says:

Wow! As always I’m amazed at how good your photos are. XD Loved both Kimonos, but Azuki’s one just abit more. It was real neat how you re-create the whole Tanabata tree with couplets…guess Miho wished something for Mashiro-kun?

• sheng says:

Azuki’s kimono is really pretty, I wish I have more of those. Haha. I looked for a bamboo tree branch but it didn’t seem in scale with nendos so I settled with that plant somewhere in our garden (I don’t know what plant is that O_O hehe) Thanks for the love! ^^

• sheng says:

I think I always wanted to decorate events or parties but ended just doing themes for nendoroids. Haha 😀
      Thanks a lot for the visit! ❤